AALDC YOUTH COMMUNITY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Rules and Guidelines for Applicants
2017 SUMMER AND FALL SCHOLARSHIPS
**PLEASE NOTE: THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICANTS TO SUBMIT REQUIRED
HOUSEHOLD INCOME AND ADDRESS VERIFICATION IS
IS WEDNESDAY, APRIL 25, 2017 at 6 p.m.!**
The AALDC Youth Community Scholarship Program provides opportunities for youth to attend local programs that are enriching while forwarding economic development within the Brooklyn communities of Boerum Hill, Brooklyn Heights and Cobble Hill.
AALDC Scholarship Partners provide youth programs within the communities served.
- Summer and Fall 2016 Scholarships are open to children ages 4 to 18.
- The child must live or attend school in either Brooklyn Districts 13 or 15. For Brooklyn Districts 13 and 15 detailed maps, please click HERE
- The AALDC’s Youth Community Scholarship Program is open to all applicants who provide a compelling summary explaining the household’s limited financial resources and why the program attendance would be beneficial to your child.
Priority will be given to low-income families who submit required income verification; families with limited financial resources are also encouraged to apply
- If you are applying for more than one child within the same household, you must submit separate applications.
- You must complete all the application fields and questions in order for the online application to be submitted and considered.
- The child must be the age range of the selected program prior to the program’s start date.
- You must agree to comply with all rules and requirements within the application process.
- If a scholarship award offer is made, your child must attend the full length of the partner program offered.
APPLICATION HOUSEHOLD INCOME AND ADDRESS VERIFICATION REQUIREMENT
You will be required to either upload or send the following Household Income Verification Documents:
- 2016 Income Tax Return
- Proof of Income for the last month (Ex. If you apply in March 2017, please upload proof of income for February 2017)
- Proof of public assistance status (if applicable)
- Proof of child support payment responsibility (if applicable)
- IMPORTANT: If you do not live within Brooklyn School Districts 13 or 15 or if your income verification documentation does not show proof of address within these Districts, you must provide verification from your child’s school of current attendance status (ex. Official letter from your child’s school verifying current attendance and enrollment, free or reduced lunch eligibility letter which must indicate school of attendance)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
- Official scholarship applications become available starting February 14th, 2017. Scholarship applications are accepted via online only. The AALDC will not accept paper applications.
- The deadline to submit applications and all required income verification for Summer or Fall 2017 scholarship award consideration is April 25th, 2017 by 6 p.m.
- If you have completed the online application and submitted all required household income verification documents, you will receive the status of your application in May 2017 via e-mail.
Applicants Can Send Required Income Documentation By:
ONLINE UPLOAD: VIA Online Scholarship Application
FAX: 718-935-0832 – PLEASE PUT ATTN: Scholarship, Your Child’s Full Name
MAIL: Atlantic Avenue LDC
Attn: Youth Community Scholarships
494 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11217
- The AALDC Youth Community Scholarship Committee and representatives from our program partners will review applications and make award decisions by early May 2017.
Low-income criteria guidelines for scholarship award priority eligibility will be based on the 2016-2017 Federal Income Guidelines used to determine eligibility for WIC Programs. The Eligibility Chart can be found at:
- Scholarship award acceptance contracts will be e-mailed and sent to chosen applicants in early May 2017 with an acceptance deadline. A non-acceptance notice or acceptance contracts received past the written acceptance deadline date will automatically disqualify the scholarship recipient from the award and application year in which applied.
- The Scholarship Award will be paid to the Program Partner at the AALDC’s accepted program rate. Payments for programs will not be paid directly to applicants.
2017 SUMMER AND FALL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM PARTNERS
|Mathnasium of Brooklyn Heights||READ 718|
|Mark Morris Dance Group|
|Creative Arts Studio
|PERFORMING ARTS/VOCAL & INSTRUMENTAL|
|Brooklyn Conservatory of Music||Brooklyn Music Factory|
|Brooklyn Youth Chorus|
|World Martial Arts Center||Gotham Archery
| Rent Ride Return